Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Being Thankful

I have been doing a lot of thinking this week about being Thankful. With the economy taking a turn, I am very grateful for my home, car and job. I am pretty sure they are all secure and should stay that way for the long haul. Money has been really tight this year but I try not to let that get me down. Because a lot of people are in the same situation. When I was younger, we would go to my Grandma and Grandpa Stones for Thanksgiving. My grandpa would always make us say 3 things we were Thankful for before we could start dinner. So this year I decided that the 3 most important things to me this year are #1. My family because without them I am no one. I'm not a mother,wife,friend,daughter,sister,aunt. #2. My job because without it I would not be able to have all the great friends that I have. I also would not need my great baby sitter. Donna is the best. Last but certainly not least, #3 My breath (I know, it sounds silly but hear me out)because without it I can not live. My dad tried for years and he lost the battle. Every time in the last 14 months that I take a deep breath I think of him. Oh how I wish breathing could be donated like blood. I would have given as much as possible. I have been really sad this week as the holidays approach. I think it is because last year I was still in my little bubble of fog. This year it is really sinking in. I hope you all have a great Holiday season. Don't let it pass without giving thanks for all you have.

4 comments:

Lindy said...

You made me cry..I know I know that isn't anything new. I totally agree with you some people need to just be thankful for what they have!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful!
I am so thankful for a lot of things right now. The health of my family is at the top of my list. I’m trying not to think about what’s going wrong ,but what I am thankful to have- my job is not so safe ... I work for a mortgage department at a bank... not the safest place to be given the economy. Your post reminded me that I’m lucky to have what I do have and not to stress about the things that I may not have. Thank you!

Brianna E. said...

We should all be a little more thankful this year- thanks for the reminder!

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Great Post! Love it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cute family picture! SOOO cute!